An IB World School, St. John’s School is an independent, co-educational, non-denominational, university preparatory day school situated in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver. Serving 570 JK through Grade 12 students in an urban setting, St. John’s boasts a vibrant, accomplished, well rounded student community striving for excellence in academics, athletics and the arts. One hundred percent of graduates are accepted by the best post-secondary programmes around the world.
St. John’s School is seeking a senior Database Administrator with non-for-profit experience to join the team. The Administrator is a key position within the Advancement Department. The person in this role is responsible for the database and financial management of all fundraising initiatives such as creating all financial reports and reconciling them with the school’s Finance Department. The primary responsibilities include managing the entire gift process and receipting in accordance with CRA guidelines, assisting with annual budget planning, tracking and analyzing giving trends/responses. The person in this position is also responsible for managing donor listings and appropriate stewardship.
This is a position that requires a high level of proficiency in Raiser’s Edge NXT (RE NXT) or Raiser’s Edge in order to produce complex reports in support of the department’s activities.
The Administrator is also directly involved in the donors’ stewardship programme. Additionally, the Administrator manages all donors’ meeting, acknowledgement, recognition, communications with past, current parents, alumni and funders, to strengthen their engagement with St. John’s School and encourage their continued support.Responsibilities:Database and Financial Management:
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance, integrity, accuracy, and quality of the Raiser’s Edge NXT database
- Responsible for the data management (importing and exporting) including general data entry, queries and reports, dashboards and data for various initiatives such as annual appeals, events and special communications
- Maintain accurate constituent records and data relationships
- Liaise with IT as required on data exchanges and integrations between RE NXT and other school systems
- Generate reports, fundraising mailing list (Annual Fund), communication mailing list (Alum Newsletters and Report on Giving), invitations and event registrations
- Manage all aspects of any donation (gift-in-kind, gift of shares and exchange of cheques) including gift recording and processing, tax receipts, acknowledgement letters
- Oversee pledge reminders, monthly and annual pledge schedules
- Review and keep up-to-date policies and procedures for database management
- Prepare departmental financial reports and reconciliation with the Controller including month-end, fiscal-year end reconciliation, and audit-related information
- Review departmental expenditures
- Ensure expenses are correctly coded and work with the Executive Director in building the annual budget (expenses and revenue)
- Attend school initiatives and activities related to the Advancement Department
- General administrative duties as required: Coordinate training, update policies and procedures and troubleshoot technical issues
- Schedule the individual stewardship calendar and coordinate stewardship activities.
- Schedule all New Parents meetings
- Assist in creating donor profiles as well as managing records and files of Major donors
- Conducts prospect research
- Assists with event logistics
- Managing the photo and video databases for archives, including establishing the organizational framework and tagging guidelines
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Extensive experience in fundraising system administration, report writing, data analysis or research in a fundraising environment
- Advanced knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser's Edge NXT or Raiser’s Edge
- Strong knowledge of CRA tax receipting guidelines
- Superior attention to detail and excellent planning, project management and analytical skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to exercise tact and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters
- Working understanding of privacy legislation and legal requirements as they relate to donor records management
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and maintain working relationships with a diverse group of employees, parents and volunteers
- Excellent problem-solving abilities combined with high level of professionalism
- Experience with Crystal Reports is an asset
- An understanding of the independent school culture an asset
- Personable, relates well to external stakeholders and is a positive, contributing team member
- Strong oral and written communication skills
St. John’s offers a very competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package.
All interested candidates should forward their resumes, along with the names, addresses and phone numbers of three referees, and a cover letter, in confidence addressed to:
Ms. Angela Dudek
St. John’s School
2215 West 10 Avenue
Vancouver, BC, V6K 2J1
Or electronically to:firstname.lastname@example.orgApplications will be accepted until the position has been filled.